Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Weekend in Review

Thursday
Thursday I went to College Station to take care of some business (a TAGD meeting, get my cap & gown (with tentacles), and deposit some checks). But, the event that overshadowed all of that, lest I be estranged, was Lindsey's birthday extravaganza on Northgate.

The partying (brought to you by the letter L and the number 20-something) began at one of the new ``upscale'' non-redneck bars in CS: Logan's. Lindsey and Barbra were there attracting the attention of many young men (and some young women). I met a few of their friends including but not limited to Will, Kevin, Dan, Lucey, and some couple who were sitting on one another and not much interested in talking to anyone else.

Will and Kevin are both Journalism majors--- poor guys.

Lucey is Lindsey's roommate and emergency care-giver.

Barbra I have known for quite some time. I used to beat up her brother and Son. Now she doesn't talk to me anymore. (I think she was jealous when I won Legett RA of the Year.)

Now, Dan, who is half of the duo known as ``Danjiman'' (I think the other guy's name is Steve or something), is by far the coolest of the crew. I'm sorry guys, but he was born in Brazil. You just can't trump that. Dan and I talked about Capoeira until he reminded me that we were at a bar and should probably be hitting on girls or something less mentally stimulating.

As the night turned into morning we moved to Fitzwilly's, Kyoto, and Gatsby's. As we moved from place to place, Lindsey became friendlier and I became funnier.

A good time was had by all.

JacobB let me sleep at his place. We talked about some stuff I won't bother to write here because it was too illicit... Well--- I will give you a teaser: view-dependent displacement mapping using polynomial offset mapping functions. Hot! Hot! Hot!

Friday
Friday night was movie night with the boys. It was very sweet. We watched Heartbreakers with Jennifer Love. Is it just me or did J. Love's love interest look a lot like Dan (of Danjiman)? Man, am I becoming obsessed with that guy?

Saturday
Mario, Jayson and I met up with Mirko and Ana at the Galleria. Mirko and Ana are from Serbia, which means they are knowledgeable about fashion. Mario, Jayson and I are from America, which means we are knowledgeable about desserts. So, we all shopped for a while exercising our respective savvy.

Later that evening we joined Matt and Cody, who are now ``flatmates.'' We all clowned into Mario's SUV and headed downtown.

We went to a few different clubs whose names I can't remember. We ended up at some Latin/Techno place. Mirko, ever the old-worlder, bartered our way in for half the normal cover. The chick standing at the door wouldn't stop checking me out, so I was happy to get inside.

Naturally we got the dance floor going. The second story DJ played some house and techno stuff. I felt obliged to do some out-of-practice-capoeira and nearly kill myself due to dehydration and low blood-sugar. It was awesome. I also like to knock drinks out of people's hands and intimidate other club-goers with my flailings.

A good time was had by all.
(=

2 Comments:

Blogger Caleb Bell said...

Whoa-whoa-whoa, Jacob. You ought to post a "Not Work-Safe" warning if you're going to talk about stuff like that. Seriously, are you trying to get me fired?

Oddly enough, it turns out that I had a Blogger account from all of the way back in two-thousand and two that I'd forgotten about. No more anonymous commenting for me!

7/27/2004 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gosh...when i said to mention me, i don't remember asking you to indulge your friends in my alcoholism. Well, at least you didn't tell them what events occurred between the two of us after i was sloshed! Whew! Oh crap. Anyway, I appreciate your willingness to "catch me when i fall". Sorry i took you to a bar where not only the walls spun out of control, but the floor kept slipping out from under you. Oh! And I wanna know who turned the stairs into a gigantic slide while we were in there! Jerks. Anyway, thanks for my card, and for coming...it was real fun, and not awkward at all. But jacob, for the last time, i don't wanna marry you! Geez! Although, it would be fun to be known as Mrs. Fosheezy..maybe I'll think about it.

7/27/2004 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home